American Academy Gymnasts!
A gymnastics superstar is coming to our gym!
2016 Olympic Gold Medalist Laurie Hernandez will spend Sunday, November 4 at our gym!
You have the opportunity to meet Laurie, win great prizes, and fundraise for the Special Olympics and for new gym equipment.
Special Olympics transforms lives through the joy of sport, every day, everywhere. We are the world’s largest sports organization for people with intellectual disabilities: with more than 4.9 million athletes in 172 countries — and over a million volunteers.
Laurie Hernandez @ American Academy Gymnastics
Sunday, November 4, 2018
American Academy Gymnastics
1845 Raymond Dr
Northbrook, IL 60062
This exclusive event is open only to fundraisers & their guests!
Laurie is only 18 years old, yet has already earned a lifetime of remarkable gymnastics achievements.
As a competitive junior gymnast, starting at the age 12, Laurie competed internationally and won medals in all-around, balance beam, uneven bars, vault, and floor exercise.
Laurie joined the senior circuit in 2016, and was one of only five gymnasts selected for the Rio Summer Olympics team. She helped the team win gold in the Team All Around, and she won a silver medal on the balance beam.
Check out our fantastic prize lineup (with dollar amounts that must be raised to win each prize):
Raise money, help others, and score awesome prizes. It’s a win-win-win!
- $125: Attend a gymnastics clinic with Laurie, and receive an event wristband.
- $250: Meet Laurie for pictures, autographs and Q&A session. One Parent welcome!
- $500: Original artist’s rendering poster of Laurie.
- $1,000: Laurie will present you a signed Certificate of Fundraising Excellence during the Q&A session.
- $1,500: You’re taking home a snazzy trophy to show the world that you’re a fundraising CHAMPION! Laurie will autograph and personally present your new hardware.
- $2,000: Bring an extra guest to the event – whoever you like!
- $3,000: Attend a private Rio Olympics roundtable discussion with Laurie. Learn about the Olympics from an Olympian!
- $5,000: Pose alongside Laurie in the official event picture that Laurie will post to her 1.85 million social media followers!
- $12,500: FUNDRAISING GOLD MEDALIST! The all-time individual fundraising record for a Lucas Sports Inc. event is $12,500. Beat this record and Lucas Sports will give you a $1,000 Amazon gift card!
Go for the top! Our top overall fundraisers will win awesome experiences with Laurie!
- Top 30 will participate in an additional private clinic with Laurie. This is an amazing opportunity to get tips from a world champion gymnast!
- Top 10 will attend a private lunch with Laurie. Bring your questions, your camera, and your appetite!
- Top 2 will attend the private lunch – seated next to Laurie!
Ready to get started?
- Click the Register link on this website.
- Click the FAQ’s link for fundraising tips.
- Check your e-mail for our weekly fundraising contests.
Have fun, help others, win awesome swag, and hang with a sports legend. How great is that!
Laurie Hernandez is coming – get ready – sign up to fundraise today!